As I was saying in my previous post, I was actually working on something non-WoW and it was gonna be big-ass...and it would have been if not for too many problems I came upon --;
The project I was working on, was to make a Shiva from FF-X and I was gonna make her around 1 meter high. Not cause of the small details or so, but cause I love Shiva to pieces and just wanted a big one in my room ;)
But...unfortunately I will have to postphone it until WAAAAAAAY later. I am not gonna say I won't do it at all, since I DO want to make it, but until I know how to fix all the problems...It will be something that will be put off for quite some time ^^;
So, why postphoning it? Well quite simple...Her ice boob!
Hair and armlets that go into skin I can deal with, I have enough 3D experience to manage that...but then came the fact that quite a lot of the materials had to be see-through...Including the above mentioned ice boob... At the moment I just cannot think of any way to make this work without either deleting the thing (which would look weird since she would only have one breast then or a one and a half) or making the material NOT transparent...which would result in one breast being bigger than the other, which is ugly in my opinion. And then there is also the fact that I do not know HOW to fix a material in such a way.
If anyone can help me on this, thanks so much ^^ That would speed things up more than figuring things out all on my own.
Mmm, gotta see if I can find the FF8 version of her just so I can make a Shiva anyways XD
donderdag 3 juni 2010
The file can be downloaded here.
This is the Paper Zeppelin Toy from World of Warcraft. Not the actual zeppelin or those spaceboats in Icecrown (Duh, those look differently) but just another toy you can buy in the game itself. I just love how it looks and I wanted to have a small project in between while I work on my ACTUAL next project...just see this as project 2.2 or so XD
Now for the model itself. While it is a quite simple model, you will have to figure out how to glue stuff together yourself because the .pdo file is NOT displaying the right glue-connections. I have no idea how to fix it, but I do know what causes it...namely the double sided stuff like the ropes and the basket. I put some tips on how certain stuff should be done in the .pdo itself so it should be self-explanatory. On how to glue everything together check out the preview .pdo file. If there are still any questions left, just lemme know ;)
Also, there are some OPTIONAL parts included. Namely the stuff on how I glued the propellors onto the zeppelin. I created these parts in Lightwave because I wanted the propellors to actually be able to move about when the wind blows (or when you blow at it). The parts MAY not fit precisely since they are custom made, but I put in a photo on how the end-result looks with the propellors as an example.
All this aside...I wish you all a fun building time ^^
Geplaatst door Lizz op 18:49